Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sprout's First Baby Picture


Yesterday we had our second ultrasound for Sprout --this was the 12 week genetic screening ultrasound (there will be a follow-up around 18 weeks).  

Unlike The Bean who was very active (even then!) and made it hard to get good images, Sprout seemed rather cooperative.  I only got to see him/her for a few minutes, but it was awesome.  Seeing his/her image up on the screen helped make the fact that there is an actual person growing inside of me that much more real. 

I wasn't thrilled that this was the image they sent us home with since Sprout is covering his/her face with her hand and you can't see the adorable profile that was visible in other images they took, but I'm happy to have an image nonetheless.  Maybe he/she's just shy?

Introducing Sprout:

13 comments:

  1. Covering his/her face or not, he/she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sprout is just building anticipation for the big debut :) I am so glad to hear everything is going well with the wee one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay that things are going well. It's always amazing to have a glimpse in there and see your baby. So happy for you guys.

    Can you get rid of these security checks on your comments? They are so hard to read and confirm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to get rid of the security checks. Hope it helps!

      Delete
  4. Looks perfect- Sprout's waving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how gorgeous! That's how I sleep...maybe he/she is camera shy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too cute. I just love the hand over the face. Perhaps you have a little actress/actor on your hands?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Such an amazing thing to be growing that little person isn't it? Glad to hear all is well.

    Jennifer @ Dark blue dragon

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet picture of little Sprout! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Sprout is a little girl! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll definitely be finding out.
      I tend to think of the baby as a girl too, probably because Jen had a dream early on that it was a girl, though I'd be just as happy with another boy.

      Delete
  10. I'm with Loralou, I think Sprout is a girl! Either way s/he is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete