Friday, November 30, 2012

Advent

Last year I posted some advent ideas, and also what we ended up doing.  You can see the post here
 
This year we wanted to do something special for advent again, but neither Jen nor I were keen to wrapping two dozen Christmas/winter books.  Fortunately I had the foresight to purchase this Eric Carle advent calendar last year.  Behind each number is a small paper ornament to decorate the tree with.  Perfect! 

 

We were also given an advent calendar with little drawers, and I found some printable jokes online.  The Bean is a little young to understand jokes this year, but I think they'd be great for slightly older kids.  You could print and cut out the jokes and put one in each drawer of the calendar, or, as one of the sights suggests, you could put them in your child's lunch box.  Cute idea, don't cha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment