Saturday, November 24, 2012

*Navalgazing* Reflections at 37 Weeks Pregnant

37 weeks! 

I have officially reached "full term".  (Though I think my FIL was quite confused this morning when I said that, and must have thought they had made a mistake with the due date if I was full term now.  Fortunately my MIL was able to explain.) 

Okay, so I am really feeling ready to have this baby.  Not that we're prepared at all.  Most of the baby gear is still at my sister's waiting to make it's way back to us.  But really, what do we need?  The carseat for sure, and the co-sleeper would be good to have, but someone could surely pick that stuff up if I were to go into labour, say, right now. 

Also, I think we're in agreement on a first choice of name and a few back-ups, so we really are ready! ;) 

Another visit to the chiro helped sort out some back issues earlier this week.  Unfortunately, last night the rib started hurting again, so I'm thinking there will be another visit before Sprout makes her appearance.  My hips haven't been bothering me much, but I wouldn't object to having them adjusted as well.  

Then there's my arm.  It's been at least a week, maybe slightly longer, that I've been experiencing numbness/tingling in my right middle and ring fingers.  I was crocheting when I first noticed it and thought I must be holding the hook in a funny way, but it's been off and on (mostly on, in varrying degrees) since then.  After checking things out on Google, I believe it's probably carpal tunnel syndrome, which I read can happen because the water you retain can increase pressure on the nerves.  Nice, right?  As if being swollen weren't annoying enough.  And yes, I've been feeling rather puffy these days.  My feet moreso than my hands, but at least I can feel my toes, even if they do look rather sausage-like. 

Sleep is becoming increasingly difficult.  I seem to be up about every two hours to go to the washroom and/or adjust my position.  I know it's probably not true, but I feel like I'll be better rested AFTER the baby is born. 

Oh, and I think I may have UTI.  But then again, maybe it's just that I have a bladder the size of a peanut. 

I am telling myself that I just need to hang in there for another few weeks, but if I go late I think I may cry.

This week I will start the teas and oils and other labour-inducers.  Not that I expect them to make a big difference, but at least I'll feel like I'm doing something. 

Come on baby girl... Mama is getting impatient! 

Photo from 37 (+1) weeks:


Oh yeah, just one more thing: I must be looking like I'm ready because I at least a half dozen strangers this week asked me when I was due. 

6 comments:

  1. Well, I think you look fantastic!

    Glad the chiro helped. I had a rib injury in pregnancy that only just got better. No fun that, especially if one insists on breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end is always a bit rough but you've had a lot of unfortunate discomfort with that rib issue. :( I can understand why you want to go into labour. I don't know if it will help but Jackson was late by 4 days so we had started acupuncture around the 40 week mark. On the 2nd or 3rd treatment, my water broke as soon as he pulled the last needle out. Coincidence? Perhaps. But it can't hurt to try...

    I had numbness in a section of my belly with Jackson. Weird feeling and really annoying.

    So excited to see your new little one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The end is in sight!! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooof you're in the thick of it. I started having carpal tunnel this pregnancy and it's lingered on through nursing. I just started back up at the chiro again, though, and he's helping. Not sure why I waited 7 months to take care of myself! It's good that you keep getting your niggles checked out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost there!
    I had the hand numbness as well. It lasted for a good 6 weeks postpartum and then suddenly disappeared!
    If you're really impatient, I had an acupuncturist who has a great track record of sending women into labour (when they have seen her for that specific reason!!) ;)

    ReplyDelete