Monday, December 10, 2012

*Navalgazing* Reflections at 39(+2) Weeks Pregnant

(Potenially) less than a week to go! 

My goodness.  That is both exciting and slightly terrifying! 

I am very much looking forward to meeting this little one and holding her in my arms soon.  The "unknowns" of delivery are the part that I am finding slightly terrifying.  I am really trying to stay calm and hope for the best, but I am worried about pain both during and after.  I am sure it will all work out, and perhaps it's best not to know exactly what will happen beforehand, but I am so Type A that not knowing is difficult. 

Everything is pretty much ready to go.  Our bags are packed and waiting in the co-sleeper.  The carseat is in the car.  (Though it will have to be replaced as the missing stickers make it illegal even though it is perfectly safe.)  I picked up the antibiotics I will need during labour. 

I have a midwife appointment this afternoon and am following it up with a visit to the accupuncturist.  We'll see if that gets the ball rolling at all.  I have another appointment for accupuncture on Wednesday and will also book one for Saturday, if nothing has happened by then. 

The baby is really starting to feel big.  She still moves around a lot, especially in the evenings, but I can tell she's running out of space in there.  I'm pretty uncomfortable and am finding it increasingly difficult to get around, plus I tire a lot more easily than I ever have.  I guess that's to be expected.  I'm also pretty puffy, especially if I've been up and about a lot that day.  Sleeping is difficult, though I'm quite tired most nights.  I'm glad to have such a relaxed schedule right now, though I keep finding things to add to the "To Do" list.  I'm trying to take the attitude of what gets done, gets done, but I hope that most of things on the list do get done before I go into labour.  (Dusting our bedroom, washing The Bean's diapers, another big grocery shop, a few last minute gifts to pick up...) 

Of course, chances are I'll still be hanging out here on the 29th saying the same things.  Right? 

Here's the belly photo from yesterday (39+1):

     

12 comments:

  1. Wow, looking good! Any day now! Best of luck and can't wait to see your newest little one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So close!!! I'm so excited to read about the birth. I know it's scary the first time around but afterwards you know you'd do it again in a heartbeat. For the first birth, I found sitz baths were great for healing, sitting on ice or a pillow. I know you have been there before with your partner so birth isn't new but it is new to your body. You'll be fine. And hey, if you ever go again, I found the recovery way easier the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Can't wait to hear all about Sprout. By the way - you can handle labor. You just can. Our bodies are designed to do this and the more faith you have in your body (and the bodies of women for generations before you) the less terrifying it all seems.

    Good luck these last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear the good news! Thinking of you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! I can't believe the day is almost here. From this side, it has passed so quickly. I wish you a smooth and joyous birth, and can't wait to see your new baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're going to be wonderful! That stinks about the carseat, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super exciting!!! fingers crossed that acupuncture helps move things along. she'll be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had time to write more because I'm thinking of you four all the time in this final stretch. You are an incredible mama, and this new piece of being an incredible mama - laboring to bring your daughter into the world - is something that your body knows how to do. During J's labor with B, knowing that this community was out there pulling for us meant the world. We are all out here sending our love. I hope that knowledge serves you as you walk through this and towards your little girl. Much excited love from here! R.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I posted a comment on this post but maybe not... I'm thinking about you and can't wait for the good news that your baby girl is here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking about you lots and hoping everything goes amazing!

    ReplyDelete