Wednesday, January 1, 2014

So This is the New Year, and I Don't Feel Any Different

After a long drive yesterday, we spent today getting settled back in at home.  We unpacked and found places to put things away, while playing with both new toys and old.  Jen made soup from the few things we had in the refrigerator and pantry.  Both kids napped in the afternoon.

It was nice way to ease into the new year.

I have no idea what to expect from this year.  2010 was full of anxious anticipation and hope.  2011 was exhausting and amazing as we welcomed The Bean into our family.  2012 was hard, but brought us Sprout, who has filled our hearts beyond belief.  2013 we have grown into our lives as a family of four, with all the growing pains that includes, but also the overwhelming peace and joy of being a family.  Of being complete.

I feel guarded in my hopes for 2014.  I know it will have its ups and downs.  I also know that in another year we will all have grown and learned and changed in ways I may have never anticipated.

I hope for the best and wish all of you the best too.

Happy New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year! Looking forward to catching up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! Looking forward to catching up soon.

    ReplyDelete